Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Push it to the limits, Stress me out.

Whenever I buy new components such as memory or build a new rig I stress test it. This lets me know early on if I have parts that are marginal or might be prone to failure under stressful hard core gaming or video decoding.

For overclockers, Prime95 has a feature called "Torture Test" that allows maximum stress testing on the CPU and RAM. There are several options allowing the stress test to focus on the memory, processor, or a balance of both.

Usually Prime95 will detect an error within a matter of minutes if an overclock is not stable, however many people like to let the system "burn-in" overnight to ensure long-term stability.

Author: Mersenne Prime Search
Version: 24.14
OS: Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP
File Size: 1.1 MB
MD5: 469d8bd50780d948929a03e2dcee42ab

No comments: