Have you ever captured and converted those home movies to your PC or onto a DVD. If you haven't, you need to as soon as possible. The VHS movies will degrade over time. Maybe you own a VHS version of your favorite movie and want to preserve it for the best quality playback as possible.
DScaler is a piece of software that grabs analog, interlaced video, and deinterlaces it to make it a progressive scan feed then allows scaling to any resolution for use on your computer monitor or projector.
Analog, interlaced video is what devices like VCRs, laserdisc, and game consoles output.DScaler 4 captures video, processes it, and scales it for presentation on a projector or computer monitor. DScaler implements highly sophisticated algorithms that work in real-time to provide PC owners with image quality matched only by very expensive equipment.
In order to get the most out of DScaler 4 you will need a supported capture card.
DScaler performs a variety of functions:
- Grabbing video from a DVD player, game console, laserdisc, or VCR in a reliable fashion, in either analog or digital form;
- Deinterlacing video source, such as sports and news produced with a video camera, as well as console games;
- Detecting and removing 2:2 pulldown (PAL) and 3:2 pulldown (NTSC) for movies and filmed television programs;
- Reducing video noise on analog sources;
- Automatically calibrating video capture cards for optimal brightness, contrast and color;
- Manipulating video through gamma, sharpness and other filters;
- Viewing still images;
- Reducing judder and other video timing anomalies; and
- Presenting all of the above in the desired resolution and aspect ratio.
Video capture conversion guide
If you would like me to write my own guide or have a specific project you want to tackle send me an email about what you want to accomplish. There are many ways to approach a problem and with such a variety of tools it can be confusing to figure out what method works best for you.